As a result of the NREA Strategic Planning Session that took place in 2011 and in an effort to boost our communications to the NREA membership, the NREA staff has spent time over the past few months working with our website designer, Pickering Creative, to implement a new website that is more user-friendly and more technologically advanced. Some of the new features of the NREA website include:
- A new member-login feature that will allow NREA members to have their own login and password;
- The new login feature will also enable members to see additional levels of the website that non-members will not have access to;
- The NREA logo and mission statement are now front and center on the homepage;
- A newsfeed will scroll on the right-hand side of the homepage updating users of current issues involving the NREA;
- The NREA Legislative blog will be available on the website;
- An interactive NREA calendar that will be “clickable” so users can obtain additional information regarding events with just one click. You will also be able to easily print the calendar which was not the case with our previous website;
- Links to the NREA social media facebook site and also includes a social sharing widget that allows visitors to bookmark, email or share content on the NREA website on one of their own social media pages such as Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn, as well as email a link to the page to specified recipients;
- Employment Opportunities is a new area that has been added for job postings from NREA members;
- and, a mobile-ready version is also available for smart phone and smart pad users.
The NREA staff is proud of the new website and would like to thank Pickering Creative for their technical and creative expertise over the course of this project.